Ultimate Home Cleaning Guide for Omaha, NE
Omaha is home of the good life, but that doesn’t mean us Omahans aren’t busy. Maintaining a clean home is no simple task and house cleaning often falls to the bottom of our “To Do” list. Your precious amount of free time shouldn’t be spent at home scrubbing toilets or dusting hard to reach places. However, finding the right company to give you the clean home you deserve may prove difficult. That’s why we created the Ultimate Home Cleaning Guide below.
Get your home cleaned by professionals!
It’s easy to find a home cleaning company, but it’s hard to find a home cleaning company that you can trust. As Midwesterners, we may have grown up leaving our doors unlocked, but that doesn’t mean we’re ready to let anyone into our home. Your home is likely your most valuable asset and your most treasured possession. As such, it’s important to find a home cleaning company you are able to trust.
It is our hope that you can use the guide below to find a home cleaning company that exceeds your expectations. Otherwise, if you’re ready to book a home cleaning with Evergreen Home Cleaning in less than 60 seconds, click the link below!
Evergreen Home Cleaning is fully insured, bonded, and licensed in the State of Nebraska. Ask us about our 100% satisfaction guarantee!
More Questions? Read more for additional information on what you should know before hiring a home cleaning service.
Your home cleaning company absolutely needs to be bonded and insured, carrying general liability insurance and workers compensation insurance, at a minimum.
- First, the company you choose should have general liability insurance to protect you, the homeowner, in the event there is damage to your house. Don’t make the mistake of trying to save a few dollars and retaining an uninsured home cleaner. If a cleaner leaves a sink on and floods your home, you’ll want and need a company that is insured with an insurance company standing behind them willing to pay for damages.
- Second, they should have workers compensation insurance. It is vital that your cleaners work for a company that is insured in the event that they become injured on the job. Without workers compensation insurance, the cleaner may come after you, the homeowner, for damages.
- Last, the cleaning company needs to be bonded. This protects you, the homeowner, should a theft occur.
The cleaners will most likely be in your home while you are not there at some point. So, it is important to know that the company you choose provides trustworthy cleaners.
- A cleaning company should guarantee and be able to prove that their employees and/or contractors have passed a background check.
- Also, the company should provide trusted, skilled cleaners who ensure they do not misuse cleaning supplies. Skilled cleaners will use the appropriate cleaning products on sensitive surfaces, including but not limited to, hardwood floors, granite, and marble.
- Last, a cleaning company should be able to say that they have personally met, interviewed, and vetted all employees.
Ease of Use
Home cleaning companies should make it very easy for you to do business with them.
- The booking process should be simple and straight forward. Do you need to call and book? Do they require someone to come out and give you a bid on your home cleaning? Or do they simply allow you to book directly through their website within minutes?
- Also, life happens. Sometimes you need to reschedule a cleaning. Will the cleaning company work with you to reschedule? Or simply charge you a cancellation fee?
- Finally, the cleaning company you choose should provide an easy and secure payment method.
Excellent Customer Service
The company you choose must provide excellent customer service. After all, you are their customer.
- First, their employees should be hard workers and skilled cleaners, but also great with people and customer-oriented. A good cleaning company will say that they aren’t necessarily in the cleaning business, but in the customer service business.
- In addition, the cleaners should be able to speak English. As the homeowner, you may need to make requests or provide instructions and it’s important that you’re able to communicate with the team.
The cleaning company you choose should guarantee your satisfaction. Ask your prospective cleaning companies if they have a satisfaction guarantee and what that entails!
Home cleaning companies should be flexible in when they provide service and what services they provide. Also, never book with a home cleaning company that locks you into a contract!
- Choose a company that allows you to book a one-time clean or recurring (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) cleans.
- The home cleaning company should allows for cleaning customization:
- Do you want your home cleaning company to:
- Clean all bedrooms, bathrooms, and common areas
- Disinfect toilets, bathtubs, and sinks
- Clean inside your refrigerator and stove
- Clean your interior windows
- Dust all surfaces, blinds, and baseboards
- Vacuum carpets and mop hard-surface floors
- Take out the trash
- Or do you just want them to clean a few bathrooms before out-of-town guests arrive? Either way, the home cleaning company you choose should allow you to customize your home cleaning service.
- Do you want your home cleaning company to:
Remember that a top-notch home cleaning company is not going to be the cheapest in the area. You truly do get what you pay for and trying to save a few dollars could lead to major headaches down the road. You want your cleaning company to make a profit, because if they’re good, you want them to be around for a long time! However, you certainly should receive a good value as well. Look for a cleaning company with transparent pricing to ensure you know the exact cost for each cleaning service.
Questions to ask (and our answers):
Are you bonded and insured? We carry liability insurance up to $1 Million per occurrence for your protection. Also, we require all of our independent cleaners to carry liability insurance and workers compensation insurance.
Do you guarantee satisfaction? Yes, if you are unsatisfied with your service in any way, let us know within 24 hours and we’ll send a team out to make it right. At that point, if you are still unsatisfied, we will refund your money.
How do I book a cleaning? Our state-of-the-art website allows you to book online in less than 60 seconds via our Booking Page. Or if you prefer, please give us a call at 402-979-7740.
How much do your services cost? Our prices are based on 2 options, whole home cleaning and hourly cleaning. If you’d like your entire home cleaned, simply select the number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and any extras on our Booking Page. We also provide discounts for recurring whole home cleans (Weekly – 20%, Bi-Weekly – 15%, Monthly – 10%). If you only want certain parts of your home cleaned, see our Customized Home Cleaning Package.
How do I pay for the cleaning service? We accept credit cards through our website, which utilizes extended validation SSL. Also, credit card transactions are processed by Stripe which are layered on their 256 security protocol. Rest assured, your credit card information is safe and secure.
Do you offer flexibility when scheduling? Absolutely, using our website, you can select a date and time that works best for you. We provide 2-hour arrival windows, but rest assured that is only for emergencies. To date, our teams have arrived at the beginning of the window 100% of the time. If you need to reschedule, that’s OK too. Our software allows you to log in and select a different date and time that works best for you. In addition, we don’t require any contracts; you can cancel any time.
What cleaning products do you use? Your professional cleaner will use the least harsh chemical necessary to get the job done. This means that they will use products with bleach in your toilets, but will ensure that your hardwood floors and granite counter tops are only cleaned with luke-warm water or, at most, heavily diluted vinegar or eco-friendly all-purpose cleaner.
How can I provide feedback? The day after each cleaning, you’ll receive an email asking you to rate your team; we love this feedback. You can also always shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 402-979-7740.
Do you send the same team each time? We do everything in our power to send the same team each time. We would need to make a change to the team if someone leaves Evergreen Home Cleaning for other opportunities, but rest assured, we will only send out well-trained and trustworthy replacements.
You deserve a clean home, Omaha!